How to Create a Web Page with Macromedia Fireworks
- 1). Launch Fireworks.
- 2). Click the "New Document" icon in the Main Menu bar to start a new document.
- 3). Type the heading and text content as you normally would for a web page.
- 4). Insert your images by either dragging and dropping them into the document or using the "Copy" and "Paste" command for images from other files.
When finished with your design, you are ready to create the web page.
- 5). Click "File > Export" on the Main Menu or Ctrl+Shift+R to export the page.
The Export dialogue box will appear.
- 6). Type a name for your web page in the "File_name" entry box. This will be the name of your web page---for example: "MyWeb."
- 7). Select "HTML and Images" from the "Save as type" drop-down menu.
- 8). Select "Export HTML File" from the "HTML" drop-down menu.
- 9). Select "Export Slices" from the "Slices" drop-down menu.
Click the "Include Areas Without Slices" check box.
Select the directory where you want the exported files to reside. This should be the same directory where you place your HTML files.
Click "Export." You can now test your site by clicking on the HTML created in the exported directory.